The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™
|The Five Behaviors
of a Cohesive Team™
has a simple goal: To help people discover how to build a truly
cohesive and effective team. Based on Patrick Lencioni’s
internationally best-selling leadership fable The Five Dysfunctions
of a Team, this assessment-based program focuses on putting
The Five Behaviors™ model into practice.
A productive, high functioning team
This Comprehensive Program Includes:
- 36-page highly personalized assessment results for individual and team
- Strong visuals illustrate key messages
- Context-specific feedback
- Tips and strategies for improving teamwork effectiveness
- Opportunity for building an action plan
Seven modules from 1 to 3 ½ hours in length. Each module includes:
- Facilitator’s Guide in MS Word
- Participant handouts in MS Word
- PowerPoint with embedded video
Module 1: Introduction: Introduces The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Model
Module 2: Building Trust: Teaches the concept of vulnerability-based trust
Module 3: Mastering Conflict: Helps participants understand the benefits of healthy conflict
Module 4: Achieving Commitment: Shows how clarity and buy-in are key to achieving commitment
Module 5: Embracing Accountability: Stresses the importance of peer-to-peer accountability
Module 6: Focusing on Results: Emphasizes that collective results are more important than individual goals
Module 7: Review and Action Plan: Allows participants to review what they’ve learned and to create an action plan to improve the team’s productivity
The fully scripted Facilitator’s Guide includes supporting presentation materials and participant handouts. Through the use of experiential activities, video, and discussion, an intact team is lead through the powerful The Five Behaviors model, learning and practicing the behaviors that will make the team more cohesive and improve its performance.
Annotated Team Report
This tool is used by the facilitator when preparing for a team session. The report is a copy of the team profile with the following notations:
- Expanded explanation of profile content
- Scoring interpretation
- Resources for additional information
- Indicators of personalized/tailored content
In addition, an appendix includes a ranking of all assessment items by team average and the team’s percentile for each of The Five Behaviors.
Create an end-to-end teamwork development program or concentrate on specific areas. Switch out video clips and modify the Facilitator’s Guide, PowerPoint® slides, and handouts. Add or delete sections to fit any time frame.
Hear first-hand how to interpret The Five Behaviors reports so you can easily and thoroughly answer participant questions. Contains insightful information from our Director of Research that you can’t find anywhere else. The podcast is broken up into short clips that cover The Five Behaviors model, the team profile, and the Annotated Team Report.
- Sample Facilitator’s Guide Module
- Program Overview
Over 40 Minutes of Classroom Video:
- Wrong-Way/Right-Way Videos: 10 segments of contemporary teamwork examples—one right way and one wrong way example for each of The Five Behaviors—to spark learning and generate powerful conversations that serve as a basis for further action
- Featuring Patrick Lencioni: In his engaging personal style, Pat describes The Five Behaviorsand why they matter for cohesive teams, illustrates the conflict continuum, and explains how to conduct the Personal Histories exercise and why it’s valuable.
- The Models: clips that introduce and explain The Five Behaviors Model and the Everything DISC® model
Pick and choose clips that fit your needs. Use video clips as stand-alones, integrated with the standard presentation, or worked in to your custom presentation.
Nearly 50 Minutes of Additional Video for the Facilitator’s Reference
These clips provide additional information for the facilitator, including tips for facilitation, more explanation and stories for each of the five behaviors, and specific guidance for working with team leaders.
A Participant Orientation Video
This optional video serves as a preamble to taking the assessment, briefly describing the assessment and providing pointers for the participants about taking the assessment.
- Intro to The Five Behaviors Model
- Trust: Wrong Way
- Trust: Right Way
- Patrick Lencioni on Trust
- Patrick Lencioni on the Power of Teamwork